With blue skies and warm weather forecasted for the next week in San Francisco, we don’t think it’s any coincidence that there are so many cool (mostly outdoor) activities to participate in this week and weekend!
Here are our top recommendations organized in chronological order:
1. Fleet Week along the waterfront from Oct. 2-8
2. First Tuesdays are free at the Legion of Honor, SFMOMA, and De Young (Oct 2)
3. America’s Cup World Series (Oct 2-8)
4. Art Gallery Week (Oct 3 -13)
Ten days of art events, across 36 different galleries!
San Francisco (and our lovely East Bay neighbors, Oakland and Berkeley)
5. Lower Polk Street Art Walk (Oct. 4)
6. Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park from Oct. 5-7
7. Off the Grid Food Truck Party at Fort Mason, 5-10 pm (Oct. 5)
8. Two Giants Playoff games at AT&T Park on Oct. 6 and 7
9. 49ers Game (vs. Buffalo Bills) at Candlestick on Oct. 7
10. Golden Gate Park Band Free Sunday Concert – Grand Finale Concert (Oct 7)
Traffic tip: Don’t forget that the northbound lane of the Embarcadero will be closed on Saturday and Sunday, and Stockton Street between Geary and Market will be closed for on-going Central Sunway work. In addition to these events, there are several other events going on throughout the City, which will make parking limited. Make sure to take public transit, give yourself extra time to get to your desired activity, and have some fun.